Frequently Asked Question
Below you will find a few of the questions asked when having a wed page designed.
QBWeb develops bespoke web sites. This means every web design project is unique.
As a guideline on web design lead times a custom web site with up to 20 pages for example can take 2 – 6 weeks from order. We will provide a more accurate expected delivery time on order.
As we provide bespoke web design solutions, we aim to please. This sometimes means accomodating changes that you might require to our original web design proposal. Obviously, the more web design changes you request, the longer the web design assignment will take. In such cases, the design times indicated below may vary and be longer.
There are occasions when a Client will require an urgent work. We will do our utmost to assist our Clients with urgent web design work.
Payment is generally done in 2 instalments. 50% on order and the balance when the web design work is completed before we publish online on your domain name.
You can pay for your web design work by Cash or PayPal & please note we do not charge VAT as we are not a VAT registered company.
We will send you an invoice and a receipt whichever way you choose to pay.
You can send us text and images that we will use for your web design in a number of ways:
1. You can type your text in an email and click send. Or you can simply type the text in a Word document and send as an attachment.
2. Some of our customers scribble and draw what they want on a piece of paper and post it to us. That’s fine too…provided we can read your handwriting.
3. If you’ve got some photos to send us, email them as attachments if the lot is not bigger than about 5Mb. Any bigger than that and your email editor might not be able to handle it.
4. For big photo files, try burning them on a cd and put it in the post.
5. If you have not got appropriate photos, we recommend http://www.bigstockphoto.com. This is a large collection of quality, royalty free photos that we can use for your web design. Go to the site, type in a keyword in the search box, browse through the photos and purchase the ones that you like.
Once you have done that email us the images and we will use them to design your web site.
Once we design your web site and place it as a link into one of our search engine friendly web sites it takes between 2 to 6 weeks for your web site to be picked up and listed on the search engines. This does not mean that your web site will be listed on top of search engines for any particular keywords. To achieve this you will require the services of a professional search engine optimiser.
Unlike many web design companies, we do not charge a retainer or monthly fee. This means that once you have paid for your web design and it’s online, the web site is yours. We do not own it or have any design or commercial rights on your web design, it’s yours to keep. We give you ftp access to your hosting account which means you have a control panel.
The only recurring charge is the hosting account and depending on who you use to host your site most will charged you yearly. Whoever designs your web site, you will need a space on a web server to keep your web site and this webspace is provided by the hosting account.